Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tsuyoshi goes to America!


Well Tsuyoshi Yoshitake fans.......if you are wondering where the fleet footed lefty has been hiding, wonder no more. Andrew Miller's Battery Shots blog has a list of players invited in to the USL 1 Charleston Battery training camp
If you are not familiar with the USL, it is the equivalent of J2 but with a bit of a twist. The USL has no real relationship with the MLS (unless you want to say animosity is a connection). A familiar face to Verdy fans is Takashi Hirano, who plies his trade at defending USL champs Vancouver. Good luck!
VERDY TIES RYUTSU KEIZAI
You might have already known this but Verdy played RKU in a training match and tied 1-1. Masashi Oguro scored the lone goal for Verdy in the second stanza. RKU came back and tied it 5 minutes later.
Tomorrow
There is a friendly scheduled at 11 between Verdy and Hokushinetsuupercalafragilisticexpialidocis league squad Matsumoto Yamaga FC from Nagano at the luxurious Verdy grounds. If anyoe decides to go, write somethin up and I will post it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or do our pre-season results spell S-H-I-T?? Nothing promising so far...

SMB said...

Did you just get booted off of RSN?

Nerdy said...

No

Nerdy said...

...not at all, I deleted my profile myself. I figured I was spending too much time on there criticising others and I thought you know what`s the point?? What is the point of getting into arguements with people I don`t even know.
I once joined Facebook (gah!) on the recomendation of a friend and was inundated with requests from random people from years ago...I had nothing to say to these people so I turned turned it off after a week or so.
Now while Im not saying RSN is anywhere near the same league of pointlessness as Facebook, arguing with people I don`t even know on there IS about the same league of waste of time. I read the site for a good few years before I joined the messageboard. I will still read bits and pieces on there, but I have just gone back to my old way of using it. Basically for me, if I`ve got nothing nice to say, better not to say anything.
I have chosen to save my criticisms for people who deserve it....Verdy are gonna need a heck of a tongue-lashing this season if the pre-season is anything to go by. I shall be saving my energy for the Boys in Green!!

ps The straw that broke the Facebooks back was when the girl who made me a man got in touch..she is now divorced with kids and seemingly pretty lonely...UGH!!

pps Are you still out there Ultraverdy and UltraNippon??

Anonymous said...

Yes Nick. I'm still here.
Always, forever ;)
D-4 for the kick off ofn a new season. At Tokushima, hum...
C'mon Boys in Green.
ALLEZ LES VERTS !

Nerdy said...

Well the last two J2 seasons opened with 5-1 and 5-0 wins for the Boys (one against Tokushima incidentally...) let`s hope the Boys can chalk up a win though I can`t see a 5-0`er (unless Tokushima are even more awful than normal!!) It`s back,it`s here, let the Good times Roll!! The video is set,so barring any mishaps from the wife (she has just returned from her winter exile in the shed for messing up the last game of last season) or disney channel related nonsense from the kids I shall be tuning in after a good shift, tonight!! Good luck Boys and let`s hope The Donk has a stinker so I can get the first sip of the beers from your goodself Steve!!

Nerdy said...

http://greendreams1969.blogspot.com/

I thought why not......

Anonymous said...

0-0 Final score at Pocarisweat... Not a great game, we are outshout by Vortis. Just one point. 50 games remaining ;)
GO VERDY !

Nerdy said...

http://tokyonerdy1969.blogspot.com/

hopefully this one works....Nick

Anonymous said...

Uhh I had some problems with my internet but I'm here, always supporting Verdy :)

The draw isn't a good result but the season just begin so I think the team will be more competitive. The next match will be against Cerezo who won 4-1 Sagan so it would be difficult but we must win and do this point good.

The team is good enough to be in the top 3 :)

See you!