Song of the day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjvzZoH-mE&feature=related
early REM, like early Verdy was the best
Ken Matsushima has a more in-depth preview at RSN which is a pretty good read
Here it is
The only thing I don't like about it is the 4th-6th place qualifiers......stop being such a sissy, pick it and stick with it.
Anyhow considering I have not really seen much of any of these teams and don't really know what the hell I'm talking about.......here is my expert opinion.
1. Cerezo Osaka- I'm not drinking the Culpi kool-aid here.....I think he gets canned after a slow start. I think they bring in someone who is able to get the young guys going past the also ran threshhold.
2. Consadole Sapporo- I am however drinking the Ishizaki kool-aid. He's a J League manager and if Verdy let him do the job in 2005, they would never have played in J2. Kashiwa will regret the move.
3. Ventforet Kofu- I thought they were coming around. They were the only one last year to stare down Hiroshima without blinking. AND they added Miracle Mo to boot......so that is nice!
4. Vegalta Sendai-Summer is warm, water is wet, and Vegalta is the last team to be eliminated from the J1 promotion. I think they need a good shaman or something.....I don't get it.
5. TOKYO VERDY- Not so much cause they are good but more so cause the rest of the league is fairly soft. Three or Four of the bigger names won't be with the team by the end. Which is good because I think the younguns are gonna get some shots to show that they are players. So it's gonna be a good thing. Seriously.
6. Shonan Bellmare- They have one of the older teams in the league and they opt for a U-23 manager. NIIIIIIICE! And Tuto? Really? F$$$ing TUTO? You deserve to stay in J2.
7. Avispa Fukuoka-Best team in Kyuushu playing in J2. The best team in Kyuushu period is New Wave Kitakyuushu, followed by the LA GALAXY.
8. Thespa Kusatsu- Did you know that the active J2 goalscoring leader of all-time plays for Kusatsu (Yasunori Takada with 70). freaky, huh? Nozomi Hiroyama is gonna tear J2 a new one.
9. Sagan Tosu- 5. That's the number of goals scored by Koji Hirose. He happens to be the top returning scorer for Tosu. Shimada was a nice pickup. And Takuya Yamada-EXOTIC TERMINATER CLAD IN SOFT PASTEL COLORS REMINISCENT OF AN EASTER PAGEANT joins up as well.
10. Yokohama FC- Look for them to start fast and then peter out like every other Higuchi team that ever played the beautiful game. At least the uniforms are better.
11. Mito Hollyhock- They play hard every game......which is something you can't say about at least 20 other teams in Japan.
GOD THIS IS TIRING........WHO CARES AFTER 11..........ok, let's continue. I can't even name the last 6.
12. Kattaler Toyama-Sure.
13. FC Gifu-OK
14. Roasso Kumamoto- Screw you Tetsu Kina.
15. Ehime FC-It seems like they get worse every year. The cartoons are nice though.
16. Tochigi SC- Allright, I saw them today and they looked awful. Really bad. No defense and not much of an attack to speak of. They have alot of big names but they ain't good.
17. Fagiano Okayama- Go Kosuke!
18. Tokushima Vortis-consistenly bad!
Top 5 scorers
1. Shinji Kagawa-Cerezo
2. Maranhao-Ventforet Kofu
3. Tomoyuki Arata- Mito
4. Tetsuya Okubo-Avispa Fukuoka
Best manager- Ishizaki
Best keeper- Shinji Muro Sagan Tosu
First manager fired- Naohiko Minobe Tokushima Vortis
Kazu goal total-1
Leandro goal total-0
Oguro goes to.........Vissel Kobe on a loan in July.