Thursday, December 22, 2005

Washington

Burly Brazilian Forward Washington has taken his cleats and moved north to Saitama. Perrenial Bridesmaids the Urawa Reds signed the big man. Washington had 22 goals this season and was one of the few bright spots for the Mean Green.

Washington was part of the first great purge of 2005-2006 along with fellow countryman Gil and career Verdian Atsushi Yoneyama.

I hate the Urawa Reds and I was hoping that Washington would sign with Saitama's other team. Oh well, maybe the Reds will win the Emperors Cup and duplicate the outstanding success that our boys immersed themselves in this year. I would pay to see an Urawa/Thespa Kusatsu match because I'm pretty positive Thespa won't be in J1 anytime soon.

I really like Washington as a player and I loved how he manhandled Real Madrid in the upset of the year.

No comments: